Because so many people are passionate about Barnsdale Gardens, its legacy and what we stand for, we are often asked to talk at groups or societies. These talks are given by Nick Hamilton, Geoff's son and owner of Barnsdale, and would usually last at least an hour, although they can be tailored to fit your particular requirements.
They can take place either during the day or in the evening.
We have a standard charge for the talk / demonstration and charge expenses separately, so distance is no object.
For further information on any of the following talks / demonstrations and prices, please contact us on 01572 813200 or email,
Gardening demonstrations and talks can include the following subjects:
- Barnsdale - the television years
- Barnsdale after Geoff (1996-present day)
- Life with Geoff
- Perfect autumn perennials
- Stunning autumn shrubs
- Spectacular autumn trees
- Essential trees and shrubs for a winter garden
- Spring into spring – plants to give spring interest
- Must have summer perennials
- Essential summer flowering shrubs
- Summer trees
- Gardening in shade
- Organic gardening
- Drought tolerant plants
- How to have vegetables all year round
- Penstemon – varieties, growing techniques and aftercare
- Composting techniques
- Preparing your garden for winter
- Hemerocallis – varieties, growing techniques and aftercare
- What goes into a flower show?
- Wildlife – the good, the bad and the ugly
- Vegetative plant propagation –softwood, semi-ripe, hardwood and root cuttings
- Herbs in the garden
- Bog gardens and associated plants
- Trees for a small garden
- Climbers for all aspects
- Beautiful berries